You have your sweet baby! Congratulations! Now comes the hard part-raising the little sucker so he or she grows up to become a somewhat normal, productive, functioning member of society (and hopefully your family) all while maintaining your sanity and life.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rule #1

The first rule I've made official for my new life is that it is OK to cry. And not just a few tears, but an all out crocodile tears, ugly cry face, emotionally charged bawl. I tried to contain my emotions and I simplyccouldn't do it. On a side note it's ok if your baby cries too. They will thank you later for the strong lung development when they are either running from the bully or racing to do the bullying.

Go ahead (as Hillary Duff put it) and "let the rain fall down". I cried every time I heard Good Day Sunshine on my Beatles album. It's a song I used to sing to my baby in utero while driving to work in the mornings. I got a sudden reality check when I was actually singing it to my baby while holding her in my arms. If your husband is worth his salt he'll just hug you while you have these tearful bouts or he'll hold the baby so they won't drown in your sorrowful joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment